Thursday, March 26, 2009

Letter #2

Dear S,

With the passing days the temperature changes, the stars in the sky,
the menu at the cafeteria, but one thing never changes and that is my
love for you. Even though we are a world away, there is a voice inside
that is calling for you. The past few months have definitely been
tough, but with every passing day we are closer to being together.
Thanks for all the support, it really does mean a lot! Have a great
holiday break, and I will see you shortly...

Love, S

This letter is to a graduate student from her boyfriend in Iraq. It's truly amazing that people can endure these long-distance relationships. I can not imagine the strength it takes to maintain this kind of relationship. I've seen many deteriorate because of distance; some of them rekindled and others disintegrated. It's refreshing to see that every once in a while love can overcome distance. I used to be a silly infatuated girl and it pained me when I couldn't see the man I wanted and we lived in the same town. Here we're talking thousands of miles. The only thing connecting you are your iChat and chivalrous love letters (or maybe it's e-mails now). It's challenging and amazing. Eitherway, it puts a perspective on love, distance and heartache. -Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment